Forum begins after the advertisement:

[Part 2] Dash Animation doesn’t transition back to Idle

Home Forums Video Game Tutorial Series Creating a Metroidvania in Unity [Part 2] Dash Animation doesn’t transition back to Idle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daikuna
    Participant

I’ve got the dash mechanic working and all of the animations for it as well but when I dash from an idle position and have no input after the dash input the character stays stuck in the final frame of the dash animation until I give another player input. I’ve tried everything I can think of in the animator. The only thing that has fixed it was removing the Walking and Jumping conditions from the transition between Dash and Idle but that then creates the issue of the dash animation not working properly with walking or jumping.

Daikuna
    Participant

Disregard, fixed itself somehow between when I was typing out the original post and just now lol.

Terence
    Keymaster

Disregard, fixed itself somehow between when I was typing out the original post and just now lol.

Glad to hear that. Sometimes Unity forgets to compile code that you update, so perhaps it was why your code suddenly started working again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Go to Login Page →

Advertisement below: