Forum begins after the advertisement:

[Part 2] Any way to add wall jumping, sliding and holding to this?

Home Forums Video Game Tutorial Series Creating a Metroidvania in Unity [Part 2] Any way to add wall jumping, sliding and holding to this?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Blue Samurai
    Participant

I’ve been following the tutorial recently, and have gotten onto part 2. However in my game i would like to add a wall jumping and climbing system similar to celeste, but i’ve looked and havent gotten anything to work. I’ve gotten climbing to work, but it only goes up, and i think if i find away to make a holding thing to work, i can make it climb up and down. any help would be appreciated. Also im pretty new to coding in c# so having examples would probably better. And if you need me to share my code then ill gladly do it

Blue Samurai
    Participant

ok i was able to add holding and controlling which direction to climb by turning the gravity scale to 0 when you press q. im still trying to figure out how to add a wall jump.

Blue Samurai
    Participant

Alright ive gotten every working now. im not sure how to delete the post since no one helped me so

Terence
    Keymaster

Samurai, glad you managed to get everything working. Great job!

If you’re interested, we cover Wall Jumping in Part 8, but we’re in the process of fixing a couple of bugs with the entire series: https://youtu.be/o5jUkjoUYGc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Go to Login Page →

Advertisement below: