Forum begins after the advertisement:

[General] Written Instructions incomplete vs Video

Home Forums Video Game Tutorial Series Creating a Metroidvania in Unity [General] Written Instructions incomplete vs Video

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kristine
    Silver Supporter (Patron)

So, I’ve been working on this tutorial using the blog over the videos because I learn better that way. Here’s the thing there are some serious errors/incomplete instructions. For example, I just finished the spellcasting part, and in the written instructions it makes no mention of the Coroutine in the code, but if you look at the end code on the page it has the Coroutine. There’s been other issues where code is basically missing, yet is described in the instructions and if I go in the video the instructions and code are both in the video. This is basically in all the tutorials that I have seen so far in this series.

This is just an observation, and it seems its only in the Metroidvania tutorials it is like this. I have yet to have this issue in other tutorials I’ve used on your blog. I just wanted to point it out just in case you were not aware of this oversight.

Terence
    Keymaster

Thank you for the heads up Kristine. Really appreciate you taking the time to help us make things better.

I’ve dropped you an email, as I’d like to engage you to help us fill in the missing content on our articles. Let me know if that’s something you’ll be interested in.

Terence
    Keymaster

For example, I just finished the spellcasting part, and in the written instructions it makes no mention of the Coroutine in the code, but if you look at the end code on the page it has the Coroutine.

Kristine, can I trouble you to let me know which part are you referring to here? I like to head in there to check and fix it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Go to Login Page →

Advertisement below: